Friday, April 18, 2008

The Oakland Raiders

At number four the Raiders have been saddled with Arkansas running back Darren McFadden by nearly every mock I have seen. I don't see this as a pressing need on Oakland's roster. With Justin Fargas, LaMont Jordan, Dominic Rhodes and Michael Bush on the roster, I could see a curveball here by Al Davis and company. At the NFL owners meetings a couple weeks ago, Lane Kiffin said, "Running back is not really a need for us." If so, where are the Raiders most glaring needs and whom should they pick to become a better team? Keep in mind the Raiders only have five picks in the entire draft. I see them looking for line help on both sides of the ball, a quarterback and a linebacker. I'll trust my instincts here and say, "With the fourth pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select Vernon Gholston, defensive end, Ohio State."

No comments: